Stronghold Plus Spot-on is for cats with, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infestations by ticks and fleas, lice, mites, gastrointestinal nematodes or heartworm. Stronghold Plus is exclusively indicated when used against ticks and one or more of the other target parasites is indicated at the same time.
- For the treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides spp.). Stronghold Plus has immediate and persistent flea killing activity against new infestations for 5 weeks. The product kills adult fleas before they lay eggs for 5 weeks. Through its ovicidal and larvicidal action, Stronghold Plus may aid in the control of existing environmental flea infestations in areas to which the animal has access.
- The product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- Treatment of tick infestations. Stronghold Plus has immediate and persistent acaricidal effect for 5 weeks against Ixodes ricinus and Ixodes hexagonus, and 4 weeks against Dermacentor reticulatus and Rhipicephalus sanguineus.
- Treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- Treatment of biting lice infestations (Felicola subrostratus).
Ticks must attach to the host and commence feeding in order to be exposed to sarolaner.
- Treatment of adult roundworms (Toxocara cati) and adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme).
- Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis with monthly administration.
Active ingredient: Sarolaner, Selamectin
Legal Category: POM-V
If you have changed your mind or accidentally bought the wrong item, you have 14 days to cancel after delivery of your order and we must receive the item within 14 days of your notification to cancel.